Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my life...
I am a woman with a camera in my hand, a baby on my hip and a goal to capture each precious moment life gives us.
If you go through my purse, you will usually always find baby diapers, wipes, extra clothes for the kids, a hair brush, my makeup bag and most importantly my Nikon D300 & a couple of lenses... If you look even further, you'll probably see an extra memory card & battery... because I am always expecting the unexpected. My camera is one of those things that is just a part of me... I'm constantly whipping it out, everywhere. And as my friends & family can reaffirm... It's been this way, since as early as I can remember. My husband used to be embarrassed and sometimes would ask me to leave the camera at home... Now, I think he knows there isn't anything he could do, or say to stop my desire to capture every moment through my lens & I prefer to keep it this way! I always tell him.... "When we're 70 years old, sitting in our rocking chairs, out on our porch, with our laptops..." (because in 2052 they'll probably be making some pretty awesome mechanical rocking chairs with built in laptops), "You will appreciate looking through all these pictures & thank me."

So, my motto is.... take pictures often & take a lot of them, capture the moments in time, so you will always have them to cherish! I want to capture your moments in time, the real, the organic & the loving moments in your life. Our memory only serves us so well, it's the pictures, the looks we lock in time that keep those memories alive forever.

My style is based on using natural light... If at all possible, I prefer not to use a flash or any artificial lighting. I don't necessarily like studio photography, I like more-so real, organic moments. As I am just starting out, I think my style is still being defined. I am wanting as much experience as I can possibly get, so it's working with children, babies & families that I want most right now... so if you want pictures, I want to take them! So please, send me an email.
I would love to meet you and your children so that I can capture the essence of your family!! I look forward to meeting you!

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

I'd be honored to have some family pictures taken by my camera loving friend!
xoxo